Our First Challenge:
Make Me A Mini!
A ModGal Mystery Quilt Swap
This is what you need to do:
Place a beautiful Fat Quarter of fabric you absolutely love, in a brown paper bag.
Include a card with the following information:
A list of at least 5 things you love
Bring this bag to our January 18th meeting
*This is a secret swap, so no name on the outside of the bag!!!*
Follow these guidelines to create a Mini for your partner:
1. Finished size: from 12”x12” to 16”x16” or any size in between
2. Fabrics to use: you will use the Fat Quarter your partner placed in the brown bag and add as many fabrics as you wish to complete her Mini
3. Embellishment: buttons, rickrack, beads, thick threads, etc.
4. Techniques: patchwork, paper pieced, appliqué, etc.
5. The finished Mini needs to be quilted and finished with binding
6. Label your piece: attach to back of quilt; include your name, date, your swap partner’s name, etc.
7. A card: tell about the process you used to create your piece
…and remember, this is a secret swap!